Developing a regular exercise routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to remain motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of working out itself is not always enjoyable. We do it predominantly for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to push through the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why the majority of people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only affords a distraction but also creates the inspiration and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You may not feel like going to the gym today, but put on your best music and suddenly you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be beneficial for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning state of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or online courses, developing both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have an exercise partner instead?
Today’s hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, focus on and accentuate speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to hold a discussion with your partner in a hectic gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are vital gym equipment, but you may be worried about potential damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant to dirt and moisture to some extent, there are a few accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Give some thought to investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, defending them from sweat and dirt.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become unintentionally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – maintaining an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little care and planning, you can securely enjoy all the benefits of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more info about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!