HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOL
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our #1 priority. As a healthcare facility, we use the following measures consistent with best practice and local health trends:
- Upon arrival, come on into our office. No more staying in your car and calling our office number to announce your arrival!
- Our waiting room has safely spaced seating.
- While face masks are now optional for patients and guests during each office visit, if you do not have a mask, we can provide one for you.
- To protect our vulnerable patient population, Hear Virginia staff will continue to ‘mask up’ especially during close patient care (within six feet of the patient or companion).
- Each patient and visitor will be asked prescreening questions when their appointment is confirmed (a day or two prior to your appointment date).
- If we don’t see you immediately, it is often because we sanitize treatment rooms, exam rooms, hearing equipment, and offices between patient appointments.
- If desired, curbside drive-up appointments are available for hearing aid repairs and to pick up supplies (batteries, wax guards, etc.)
Thank you for supporting our efforts to maximize the health and safety of our patients, visitors, and staff. We will continue to monitor state and national safety standards and will adjust our safety protocol as needed in the future. Thank you for choosing Hear Virginia for your hearing health care.