Hearing loss is usually a slow process, making it easy to ignore the subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds. Even though children are regularly tested, the majority of adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. So why would your hearing be any less important than your vision?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing tested on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Day-to-day situations can expose potential hearing issues. Ask yourself these questions: Do I constantly ask people what they said? Do I need to crank up the TV volume? Do noisy environments make discussions hard? It’s time for you to get your hearing tested if you answered yes to the majority of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association recommends hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing issues, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will use baselines, which will give a frame of reference for further comparison to track changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing exams can identify problems early on, such as earwax buildup or noise-related hearing loss, allowing for quick treatment and avoiding further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can in some cases point to inherent medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Treating these conditions may improve your hearing.
Untreated hearing loss can have extensive consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can substantially improve your hearing and general quality of life, allowing you to fully engage in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and stay alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, your grandchildren’s laughter, or a loved one’s voice.
Protect your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing test with us today.